Incorporated in 1965, Comet Tool, Inc. is a leading supplier of complex precision machined products, providing CNC milling, turning, grinding, heat treatment and post heat treat machining processes of components for the heavy equipment industry. The company specializes in the processing of carbon steel, ductile iron and Dura-Bar® for OEM clients in the agriculture, construction, hydraulics, oil & gas, heavy equipment, industrial transportation and automotive industries. The machined tools and parts are used in motor graders, diesel engines, construction equipment, tracked tractors, pipe layers, mining equipment, excavators and wheel loaders.
Processes and Products:
- Precision machined and heat treated bearings, sleeves, collars and bushings
- Precision machined and heat treated plates and retainers
- Precision machined fan adapters, pulleys, hydraulic manifolds, hydraulic blocks and pistons
- Carbonitride and hardening
- Ferritic Nitrocarburizing heat treatment
- Induction heat treatment
- Direct heat treatment
- Gear shaping
- Zinc Trivalent plating
- Manganese-Iron Phosphate coating
- Chrome and nickel plating
- Primer and topcoat painting
Comet Tool’s decades of experience in the industry has led to unique methods of manufacturing and quality control designed to lower costs, increase productivity, supply superior quality products and maintain global competitiveness. The company has a particular advantage when tasked with short-run, quick-turn production parts.
Comet Tool is an ISO 9001:2015 registered firm and maintains facilities totaling over 65,000 square feet.